You must review this Policy on a regular basis to keep yourself apprised of any changes. If you do not agree to any modifications to this Policy, your sole recourse is to immediately stop all use of the Corkz application and the Corkz website. Your continued use of any Corkz application or the Corkz website following the posting of any modifications to this Policy will constitute your acceptance of the revised Policy. Should you have any questions regarding this Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Policy covers the Corkz application and the Corkz website. It does not cover any applications, Web sites, products or services that we do not control or own, such as CellarTracker, Twitter, or Facebook, or any third party features or services made available via an Application or the Corkz website. All trademarks, trade names, and logos of third parties featured on the Applications or the Corkz website belong to their respective owners.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following types of information below through your use of the Corkz applications and/or the Corkz website. Personal Information “Personal Information” is information that identifies you or another person, which may be transmitted or received when you use the Corkz application and/or the Corkz website.
Personal Information includes names, physical addresses, email addresses, telephone and fax numbers, files, content, photographs, and other information you transmit or receive using a Corkz application or the Corkz website which identifies you or another person. Personal Information also includes information about you or others that may be accessed by our system directly from your Device, in order to enable certain features of an Application. For instance, the Corkz application may interface with iOS to load your Twitter username as part of the “connect to twitter” feature. We collect Personal Information if you provide it directly to us via email, the Applications or the Corkz website. We may collect Personal Information when you send us messages, comments, questions or suggestions or if you participate in blogs, forums, message boards, feature requests, and other services to which you are able to post information, if any, on the Corkz website (collectively, “Forums”).
Non-Personal Information is information that does not identify you or any other individual, and includes Session and Usage Data, Log Data and Aggregate Information, each as described below. Session and Usage Data. “Session and Usage Data” is information about your use of an Application and/or the Corkz website and includes, without limitation, connection and service-related data submitted to us through your use of an Application or the Corkz website. Session and Usage Data includes information relating to the connection request, server communication and data sharing, including network measurements, quality of service, interactions with third parties such as CellarTracker or Facebook, and date, time and location of the request. We also may aggregate Session and Usage data as described in Aggregate Information below.
Log Data is data stored in our web, application, database, and network devices to track Application and Site usage. When you interact with us or use an Application or our Site, our systems may automatically collect your IP address, type of browser or operating system you use, and the dates and times of your use.
Aggregate Information is data we collect about a group or category of services or Users from which individual User identities have been removed. In other words, information on how you use the Applications and the Corkz website may be collected and combined with information about how others use the Applications and the Corkz website, but no personally identifiable information will be included in the resulting Aggregate Information. Aggregate Information helps us understand trends in our Users’ needs so that we can better consider new features or otherwise tailor the Applications and the Corkz website.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use your Personal Information:
• to respond to your inquiries, fulfill your requests, provide services, or complete transactions you have requested.
• to send you information regarding an Application or the Corkz website, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information.
• to resolve problems with an Application or the Corkz website.
• to create an individual profile and provide personalized services, and to create and inform you of new products and services from us that better meet your needs.
• as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) in any manner permitted under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION MAY BE DISCLOSED
Personal Information. In general, we use Session and Usage Data internally to serve our Users and enable them to take maximum advantage of the Application and the Corkz website. We also store Personal Information to improve the functionality of the Application and the Corkz website. All information collected is stored in our database and may be archived elsewhere. We may disclose your Personal Information:
• to our third party service providers who provide services such as Web site hosting, maintenance, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, email delivery services, credit card processing, auditing services and other similar services, but only to the extent necessary or useful to provide such services, and only pursuant to contractual obligations requiring such third parties to maintain the privacy and security of your Personal Information.
• provided by you on Forums freely and without limitation. Please note that any Personal Information you post or disclose on Forums will become public information, and may be available to visitors of the Corkz website. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your Personal Information, or any other information, on the Corkz website.
• to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
• as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process, whether originating in the United States or other territory; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain; and (h) if we reasonably believe that an emergency involving immediate danger of death or serious physical injury to any person requires immediate disclosure of communications or your Personal Information exists. We do not disclose your Personal Information to third parties for direct marketing purposes, unless you first affirmatively agree to such disclosure.
The Application and the Corkz website access third party information (such as your CellarTracker, Twitter, or Facebook account information) through application interfaces. We may provide links to third-party Web sites, such as Facebook, as a service to our Users. We will provide your CellarTracker information to CellarTracker in connection with your use of the CellarTracker Services. the Corkz website may also carry advertisements from other companies. When you click on links of third parties in an Application or the Corkz website, you may leave the Application or the Corkz website. Some of these third party sites may be co-branded with our name/logo or our affiliated entity’s name/logo, even though they are not operated or maintained by us. This Policy does not address, and Corkz is not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of Web sites or Services operated by third parties, whether they are linked to or otherwise accessible from an Application or the Corkz website. The inclusion of a link or accessibility of third party Web sites does not imply endorsement of such third party Web site by us.
USERS WITH WHOM YOU SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We cannot control the actions of other Users with whom you share your information. We cannot, and do not, control the information you share with other Users using an Application or the Corkz website (including via Forums, Facebook, and Twitter) or how such other Users will use or share such information. We are not responsible for third party circumvention of our security measures.
Corkz is very concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your Personal Information. We employ administrative, physical and electronic measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access and use. Please be aware that no security measures that we take to protect your information is absolutely guaranteed to avoid unauthorized access or use of your Personal Information or is impenetrable.
CONTACTING US / REPORTING VIOLATIONS
If you have any questions or comments about this Policy or our privacy practices, or to report any violations of the TOS or abuse of an Application or the Corkz website, please contact us at email@example.com.